- 1 How many calories in a small movie Theatre popcorn?
- 2 Why is movie theater popcorn so high in calories?
- 3 How many calories in a small cineplex popcorn with butter?
- 4 How fattening is movie theater popcorn?
- 5 How bad is buttered popcorn for you?
- 6 Which popcorn is the healthiest?
- 7 Why is theater popcorn so good?
- 8 What is the lowest calorie popcorn?
- 9 Does popcorn make you gain weight?
- 10 How many cups are in a large bag of popcorn?
- 11 How many calories are in a medium popcorn at Cineplex?
How many calories in a small movie Theatre popcorn?
According to AMC, a small popcorn contains 225 calories. In fact, the small AMC popcorns that we bought weighed about 50 percent more than the company claimed.
Why is movie theater popcorn so high in calories?
Movie-theater popcorn is a calorie and fat disaster! Most theaters pop their kernels in exorbitant quantities of coconut oil, which is more than 90 percent saturated fat (that’s the type of fat you should be trying to dramatically limit in your diet).
How many calories in a small cineplex popcorn with butter?
Cineplex Odeon popcorn calories clock in at 590 for a small serving, per Cineplex.com. Bump this up to a large with butter and you’re looking at 1,200 calories — the amount that some people consume for an entire day’s worth of food. However, calories can be reduced by asking for unbuttered popcorn.
How fattening is movie theater popcorn?
A large AMC popcorn, without butter, contains 1,030 calories and 41 grams of fat. Moving along to Regal Cinemas, things get even heavier. There are a couple of differing calorie counts for a small, unbuttered popcorn, but they range from 325 calories and 27 grams of fat to 670 calories and 34 grams of fat.
How bad is buttered popcorn for you?
Diacetyl, a chemical used to give microwave popcorn its buttery flavor and aroma, is linked to severe and irreversible lung damage when inhaled in large amounts. Popcorn lung makes the small airways in the lungs (bronchioles) become scarred and narrowed to the point where they can’t let in enough air.
Which popcorn is the healthiest?
9 Healthy Popcorn Brands
- Eliza’s Organics Organic Microwave Butter Popcorn.
- Act II Light Butter.
- SkinnyPop Sea Salt Microwave Popcorn.
- Pop Secret Homestyle.
- Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop Sea Salt Microwave Popcorn.
- Orville Redenbacher Simply Salted.
- Newman’s Own Sea Salt.
- Black Jewell Natural Popcorn.
Why is theater popcorn so good?
The Secret Ingredient That Makes Movie Theater Popcorn Taste So Good. Basically, it’s a super-fine salt that sticks easily to popcorn, with artificial flavoring, Yellow #5, and Yellow #6 added to give it that buttery color and flavor, all without actually being butter.
What is the lowest calorie popcorn?
® With just 100 calories per 6 cups (and 0 grams trans fat per serving), you can snack on 94% fat free popcorn without giving up the fresh-popped taste and aroma you love.
Does popcorn make you gain weight?
Foods that are low in saturated fat, trans fats, cholesterol, and added sugars, are also good choices. However, added butter, sugar, and salt can make popcorn an unhealthful snack. Eating foods high in sugars and fats can lead to weight gain.
How many cups are in a large bag of popcorn?
A large tub of popcorn at Regal Cinemas, for example, holds 20 cups of popcorn and has 1,200 calories, 980 milligrams of sodium and 60 grams of saturated fat.
How many calories are in a medium popcorn at Cineplex?
There are 590 calories in 1 bag (116 g) of Cineplex Popcorn (Regular).