- 1 What should be on a Theatre resume?
- 2 How do I write a Theatre CV?
- 3 What special skills should I put on my Theatre resume?
- 4 How long should a Theatre resume be?
- 5 What’s an actor’s resume called?
- 6 How do you list performances on a resume?
- 7 What skills should actors have?
- 8 What should never go on an acting resume?
- 9 What’s the difference between CV and resume?
- 10 What are special skills?
- 11 How do you list roles on acting resume?
- 12 What is skill description?
- 13 Can you put workshops on your acting resume?
- 14 How do I list my Theatre experience?
- 15 How do you put understudy on resume?
What should be on a Theatre resume?
The Written Resume
- Physical attributes (the most common attributes listed are: eye color, hair color, height, and weight)
- Voice type and/or range.
- Previous roles and shows.
- Relevant experience.
- Special skills.
How do I write a Theatre CV?
How to write an Acting CV
- Include your contact details, or if you have an agent then their details can go here.
- Include a headshot in colour.
- List your qualifications starting with the most recent and where you received the training.
- List your relevant skills.
- Include any accents that you can speak to a high standard.
What special skills should I put on my Theatre resume?
Examples of Special Skills for an Acting Resume
- Combat Training.
- Level of Fitness.
- Fluency in another Language.
- Musical Instrument.
How long should a Theatre resume be?
LENGTH: Always limit your resume to one page. It needs to fit on the back of your 8×10 headshot.
What’s an actor’s resume called?
What is an acting resume? If you have ever tried to apply for a job, any kind of job, then you probably know what curriculum vitae is (CV). Acting CV/résumé is the exact same thing, only tailored to applying specifically for jobs in film, television, stage and commercials as an actor.
How do you list performances on a resume?
Divide your performance experience into categories, listing your most relevant experience first. For example, if you’re auditioning for a film role, lead with your film experience and then note theater or television roles. Break up this section into three columns: production, role and location and director’s name.
What skills should actors have?
What skills do I need to be an Actor/Performer?
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work as a team and also individually.
- Good time keeping skills.
- Ability to learn lines/directions.
- Confidence in being in front of an audience.
- Experience in improvisation/ad-libbing.
What should never go on an acting resume?
Never Do This on Your Acting Résumé!
- This is a brief “NEVER and WTF Were You Thinking!” list.
- NEVER put your Social Security Number on your acting résumé
- NEVER put your physical address on your acting résumé
- NEVER put background roles on your acting résumé
What’s the difference between CV and resume?
The CV presents a full history of your academic credentials, so the length of the document is variable. In contrast, a resume presents a concise picture of your skills and qualifications for a specific position, so length tends to be shorter and dictated by years of experience (generally 1-2 pages ).
What are special skills?
Special skills are the traits and abilities you possess that make you particularly qualified for a position. Interviewers ask about your best skills because they want to gauge how you can contribute to their company’s success.
How do you list roles on acting resume?
List the name of the film, the type of role (PRINCIPAL- not “principle,” SUPPORTING, LEAD), and don’t put EXTRA WORK or FEATURED or the name of the character on there. In the last column name the production company and director. If it’s a student film, say the name of the school. TV.
What is skill description?
Skills are the expertise or talent needed in order to do a job or task. Job skills allow you to do a particular job and life skills help you through everyday tasks. There are many different types of skills that can help you succeed at all aspects of your life whether it’s school, work, or even a sport or hobby.
Can you put workshops on your acting resume?
Of course, no one is going to not cast the right person simply because that actor chose to include a bunch of one-nighter workshops as training. Just be sure that the TRAINING section of your resume is well-rounded and truly representative of the work you’ve put into your craft.
How do I list my Theatre experience?
Split your experience section into two: “Theater” and “Film / TV”, and list your acting credit by most major role first. List the title of the production, your role, the theater venue or production studio, and the director’s name.
How do you put understudy on resume?
If you performed a role that you understudied, do list that as a credit on your resume with (u/s, perf.) next to the name of the role. It is important to say that you were the understudy, as someone could have seen the production and known you were not the person cast in the role.