- 1 Why is movie theater popcorn so high in calories?
- 2 How many calories are in a cup of popcorn at the movies?
- 3 How many calories in a small bag of Cineplex popcorn?
- 4 Why should you not eat popcorn?
- 5 Is popcorn good for losing weight?
- 6 How bad is buttered popcorn for you?
- 7 Is movie popcorn unhealthy?
- 8 Which popcorn is the healthiest?
- 9 How many calories are in a large bag of buttered popcorn?
- 10 How many cups are in a large bag of popcorn?
- 11 How many calories are in a small box of popcorn?
Why is movie theater popcorn so high in calories?
Movie-theater popcorn is a calorie and fat disaster! Most theaters pop their kernels in exorbitant quantities of coconut oil, which is more than 90 percent saturated fat (that’s the type of fat you should be trying to dramatically limit in your diet).
How many calories are in a cup of popcorn at the movies?
With only 31 calories per cup, air-popped popcorn will give you the same satisfying crunch for a fraction of the calories, according to the USDA. If you like pairing your movie theater popcorn with something sweet, make your own trail mix.
How many calories in a small bag of Cineplex popcorn?
Cineplex Odeon Popcorn Calories One small bag without butter has 400 calories. The calorie load can be further cut by sharing the popcorn with a friend.
Why should you not eat popcorn?
Premade popcorn often contains a high level of salt, or sodium. Eating too much sodium can cause high blood pressure and lead to other health complications. Some brands also include a lot of sugar. Added butter, sugar, and salt can make popcorn an unhealthful snack.
Is popcorn good for losing weight?
Another health benefit of popcorn is its high satiety. Because of popcorn’s high fiber content, its low calorie count and its low energy density, popcorn is considered to be a food that can aid in weight loss.
How bad is buttered popcorn for you?
Diacetyl, a chemical used to give microwave popcorn its buttery flavor and aroma, is linked to severe and irreversible lung damage when inhaled in large amounts. Popcorn lung makes the small airways in the lungs (bronchioles) become scarred and narrowed to the point where they can’t let in enough air.
Is movie popcorn unhealthy?
Movie theater popcorn is ridiculously unhealthy and you should stop eating it. For example, a small popcorn, without butter, from AMC weighs in at 225 calories and 11 grams of fat. Crank it up to a medium and you’re up to about 430 calories and 20 grams of fat.
Which popcorn is the healthiest?
9 Healthy Popcorn Brands
- Eliza’s Organics Organic Microwave Butter Popcorn.
- Act II Light Butter.
- SkinnyPop Sea Salt Microwave Popcorn.
- Pop Secret Homestyle.
- Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop Sea Salt Microwave Popcorn.
- Orville Redenbacher Simply Salted.
- Newman’s Own Sea Salt.
- Black Jewell Natural Popcorn.
How many calories are in a large bag of buttered popcorn?
There are 491 calories in 1 bag of Buttered Popcorn Popped in Oil.
How many cups are in a large bag of popcorn?
A large tub of popcorn at Regal Cinemas, for example, holds 20 cups of popcorn and has 1,200 calories, 980 milligrams of sodium and 60 grams of saturated fat.
How many calories are in a small box of popcorn?
According to AMC, a small popcorn contains 225 calories. In fact, the small AMC popcorns that we bought weighed about 50 percent more than the company claimed.