- 1 How do you access Opera online help?
- 2 How are search fields identified in opera?
- 3 What opera functionality can be used to pass along internal information between shifts?
- 4 How many profile types are contained within opera?
- 5 Which housekeeping discrepancy applies when the housekeeping status is occupied but the front desk status is vacant?
- 6 How do I make reservations in opera?
- 7 What symbol indicates that there is a negotiated rate attached to that profile?
- 8 How would you check out multiple guests if some have a zero balance and some do not?
- 9 What does no post mean in opera?
- 10 How do I refund a guest on Opera PMS?
- 11 Which of the following does the walk in function accomplish?
- 12 What is Opera PMS system?
- 13 Does Opera support multiple profiles?
- 14 How would you handle a guest who was not happy with the room they were checked in to?
- 15 What is a rate query reservation?
How do you access Opera online help?
You can open the OPERA function keys lookup table by pressing the Ctrl+F1 keys. The template displays a complete list of additional functions and navigation keys available within OPERA.
How are search fields identified in opera?
The Search section of the screen allows for profiles to be searched upon based on the Last, First, Phone, and/or Membership Number that is attached to the guest profile. Simply enter information in these fields and select the Search button to populate all of the matching guest profiles in the Profiles section.
What opera functionality can be used to pass along internal information between shifts?
The Log Book function is available when the GENERAL > LOG BOOK application function is set to Y. For example, the log book can be used to record “FYI” details and advisories for pass-along between shifts.
How many profile types are contained within opera?
Opera uses six types of profiles. The screens for each profile type look similar but are different in the fields they contain. All Profiles store names, addresses, and demographic data: • Individual • Company • Source • Contact • Group • Travel Agent In this module we will focus on individual profiles.
Which housekeeping discrepancy applies when the housekeeping status is occupied but the front desk status is vacant?
Possible room discrepancies. Sleep is displayed in the Discrepancy column if the Housekeeping status is occupied and the Front Office status indicates that the room should be vacant.
How do I make reservations in opera?
Select Reservations > New Reservation from the main menu. The Property Calendar screen appears. From the Property Calendar select the start date for the stay, hold down the Alt key and select the departure date for the stay. Select OK.
What symbol indicates that there is a negotiated rate attached to that profile?
If the profile has negotiated rates, a dollar sign appears in the $ column on the Profile Search screen entry for that profile. Two dollar signs means that the profile has two or more negotiated rates.
How would you check out multiple guests if some have a zero balance and some do not?
Open Folio allows you to check out a guest with a non-zero balance but does not allow additional posting to be made. When the guest status is Due Out, the Check Out button displays as Settlement.
What does no post mean in opera?
Some of these features may also be controlled from other points within OPERA. For example, the No Post check box may also appear on the Reservation screen More Fields tab. The following options may be set using this screen. No Post. Select this check box to prevent automatic interface posting to this folio.
How do I refund a guest on Opera PMS?
- From the chosen reservation or PM account, select ‘Options’
- Select Deposit/CXL.
- You can also select the red deposit/cxl bar from the bottom left of the reservation screen.
- From the deposit/cxl screen, you will see all collected deposits and deposit rules.
- Enter the amount you wish to refund.
Which of the following does the walk in function accomplish?
Walk In. The Walk In feature allows you to check in guests without having previously made reservations.
What is Opera PMS system?
At the core of the OPERA Enterprise Solution is the OPERA Property Management System (PMS). Designed to meet the varied requirements of any size property or property chain, OPERA PMS provides the tools to help you run your operation at a greater level of productivity and profitability than ever before.
Does Opera support multiple profiles?
Opera has support for multiple profiles. You can have multiple Opera instances running at the same time, each with their own profile. Unfortunately, this must be achieved by editing Opera’s. ini files by hand and launching opera with a /settings command-line switch.
How would you handle a guest who was not happy with the room they were checked in to?
How would you handle a guest who was not happy with the room they were checked in to? If a guest arrives early to check in and there are no rooms currenty available, select the option to let housekeeping know that there is a guest waiting for a clean room.
What is a rate query reservation?
This option lets you see at a glance which rates are available for each room type on any given arrival date, departure date and number of persons. The rate query is like a mini-reservation. You enter the arrival date, number of nights, departure date, number of adults (per room) and number of rooms.