- 1 When did Phantom of the Opera open in Toronto?
- 2 What is Toronto’s longest running Theatre show?
- 3 How long is the performance of Phantom of the Opera?
- 4 Who played The Phantom of the Opera in Toronto?
- 5 Is phantom of the opera based on a true story?
- 6 Does Christine love The Phantom?
- 7 What is the number one screen to stage?
- 8 What is the longest running Off Broadway show?
- 9 Who is the longest-running phantom?
- 10 How much does The Phantom of the Opera get paid?
- 11 Who is the Phantom in love with?
- 12 Who is the best Phantom?
- 13 Who is the best Christine Daae?
- 14 Which is the best Phantom of the Opera movie?
When did Phantom of the Opera open in Toronto?
Phantom of the Opera celebrated its 4000th performances in Toronto April 16, 1999. The production began previews Sept. 13, 1989 and opened Sept. 20, 1989.
What is Toronto’s longest running Theatre show?
The Livent Toronto staging of The Phantom of the Opera celebrates its 4,000th performance 8 PM April 16, building on its reputation as the longest-running stage musical in Canadian history.
How long is the performance of Phantom of the Opera?
How long is The Phantom Of The Opera? The show is 2 hours and 30 minutes including one interval. There are performances at 7.30pm Monday to Saturday with matinees at 2.30pm on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Who played The Phantom of the Opera in Toronto?
31. Paul Stanley, the frontman for the rock band KISS, known for his black and-white star makeup around one eye, returns as the Toronto masked man in The Phantom of the Opera Sept.
Is phantom of the opera based on a true story?
The story of Erik and Christine Daaé is fictitious. However, Mental Floss reports parts of The Phantom of the Opera are based on historical events. For example, one of the more famous scenes in Lloyd Webber’s version of the story is the sequence where the chandelier falls.
Does Christine love The Phantom?
Christine Daae is the love interest of the titular protagonist Erik (the Phantom) and also Raoul in every adaptation of The Phantom of the Opera. In the sequel Love Never Dies she is Raoul’s wife while secretly being Erik’s lover and having with him a son named Gustave.
What is the number one screen to stage?
1. West Side Story (1961)
What is the longest running Off Broadway show?
The Fantasticks is a quintessential celebration of love in all its gorgeous simplicity and heartbreaking complexities. The Fantasticks originally opened at New York’s Sullivan Street Playhouse on May 3, 1960, and played 17,162 performances before closing January 13, 2002, making it the world’s longest-running musical.
Who is the longest-running phantom?
Next up, Howard McGillin, who holds the record for the longest-running Broadway Phantom with a whopping 2,544 performances beginning in 1999, explains why the beloved Andrew Lloyd Webber musical is like riding a perfect California wave, and share a second tale of onstage nausea!
How much does The Phantom of the Opera get paid?
Making the glorious Phantoms yearly salary equate to $4,277,687.52, not counting the “free” box seats to every show.
Who is the Phantom in love with?
Six Moments That Prove Raoul From Phantom of the Opera Is the Ultimate Boyfriend. At the center of the iconic musical Phantom of the Opera is a love triangle between opera singer Christine Daae, the mad genius Phantom that lives in the opera house and Raoul, the Vicomte de Chagny.
Who is the best Phantom?
Michael Crawford In 1991, 1,300 performances and three and a half years later, Michael Crawford left The Phantom of the Opera. He will always be known by fans of the musical as the original and best Phantom.
Who is the best Christine Daae?
Top 11 Best Actress Interpretations of Christine Daae
- Rachel Barrell.
- Sarah Brightman.
- Katie Hall.
- Gina Beck.
- Emmy Rossum.
- Sierra Boggess.
- Gina Beck.
- Celia Graham.
Which is the best Phantom of the Opera movie?
Every Phantom of the Opera Film Ranked, According to Critics
- Honorable Mention: The Phantom of the Opera (1962)
- 5) The Phantom of the Opera (2004) – Average Score: 36.5.
- 3) The Phantom of the Opera (1943) – Average Score: 69.5.