- 1 Who originally played Christine in Phantom of the Opera?
- 2 Who played the best Christine Daae?
- 3 How old was the actress who played Christine in Phantom?
- 4 How much older is the Phantom than Christine?
- 5 Did Christine and the Phantom sleep together?
- 6 Why did love never dies fail?
- 7 Why is the Phantom’s face deformed?
- 8 Is Meg Giry the Phantom’s daughter?
- 9 Is the Phantom Christine’s father?
- 10 Is the Phantom in love with Christine?
- 11 Is phantom of the opera based on a true story?
- 12 Did Christine have a baby with the Phantom?
- 13 How old was Christine Daae when she died?
- 14 Why does Christine kiss the Phantom twice?
Who originally played Christine in Phantom of the Opera?
Originally, there was already a filming based on the musical in the early 1990s, with the main actors of the premiere: Michael Crawford as the phantom and Sarah Brightman as Christine.
Who played the best Christine Daae?
1. Sierra Boggess. Alongside Sandra Joseph, Boggess has played Christine perhaps more than any other actress, and is certainly – alongside perhaps the aforementioned Sarah Brightman – the most well-known and beloved portrayer of the part.
How old was the actress who played Christine in Phantom?
The main story takes place in 1870, which means Christine is 16 during the events at the Opera House. Emmy Rossum, the actress who played her, was 16 when filming started.
How much older is the Phantom than Christine?
In the same regard, due to the Phantom’s childhood connection with Madame Giry, it’s also safe to say that the Phantom is at least 15-20 years older than Christine. So to recap, a 30-40-year-old man has been preying upon a 15-20-year-old girl, kidnaps her and reveals a twisted scenario of secretly marrying her.
Did Christine and the Phantom sleep together?
Yes, I believe Christine and the Phantom were having sex. It is very much implied. And in the sequel, she even has the Phantom’s child.
Why did love never dies fail?
A fresh production of the show opened in Melbourne, Australia, at the end of May with far more positive press. In an interview earlier this month, Lord Lloyd-Webber attributed the show’s failure to being treated for cancer during production, which meant he was unable to give it his full attention.
Why is the Phantom’s face deformed?
Several movies based on the novel vary the deformities. In Universal’s 1943 adaptation, he is disfigured when the publisher’s assistant throws etching acid in his face.
Is Meg Giry the Phantom’s daughter?
Meg Giry is one of the fictional characters from Gaston Leroux’s novel The Phantom of the Opera. In the story she is Madame Giry’s only daughter.
Is the Phantom Christine’s father?
Christine’s father dies, leaving her disconsolate, despite the loving care of her adoptive mother Mme. When Erik begins to tutor her, he tells her that he is the “Angel of Music” of whom her father had spoken (Erik tells her this because he has fallen in love with her).
Is the Phantom in love with Christine?
Christine Daae is the love interest of the titular protagonist Erik (the Phantom) and also Raoul in every adaptation of The Phantom of the Opera. In the sequel Love Never Dies she is Raoul’s wife while secretly being Erik’s lover and having with him a son named Gustave.
Is phantom of the opera based on a true story?
The story of Erik and Christine Daaé is fictitious. However, Mental Floss reports parts of The Phantom of the Opera are based on historical events. For example, one of the more famous scenes in Lloyd Webber’s version of the story is the sequence where the chandelier falls.
Did Christine have a baby with the Phantom?
Act I. After the events of Phantom of the Opera, Christine married Raoul, Vicomte de Chagny and gave birth to a son Gustave.
How old was Christine Daae when she died?
Many people kind of forgot about this, but in the 2004 movie, Christine is said to have died when she was 60 something.
Why does Christine kiss the Phantom twice?
Originally Answered: Why did Christine Daae kiss the Phantom? In the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Christine kisses the Phantom both to show him that she feels compassion for him and all that he’s suffered in life and that she’s ready to do what she must to save Raoul.