- 1 What is the longest running musical on Broadway?
- 2 How long do Broadway musicals last?
- 3 What is the most expensive Broadway musical ever made?
- 4 Can you wear jeans to Broadway?
- 5 What is the best Broadway show of all time?
- 6 What is the number one screen to stage?
- 7 Which Broadway play holds the highest grossing week?
- 8 What is the typical cost to put on a Broadway musical?
- 9 How much is a ticket for a Broadway show?
- 10 What is the most expensive musical ticket?
What is the longest running musical on Broadway?
The Phantom of the Opera The longest-running show in Broadway history officially opened on January 26, 1988 and is still playing at the Majestic The Andrew Lloyd Webber musical won 7 1988 Tony Awards® including Best Musical.
How long do Broadway musicals last?
Generally, shows last somewhere between nine months and ten years, but it really does vary drastically. Shows last generally as long as stars are available and as long as they sell tickets. Some shows start as limited runs but most are open ended.
What is the most expensive Broadway musical ever made?
Most Expensive Broadway Musicals
- Shrek- The Musical- $27.6 million:
- Lion King: $27.5 million:
- Beauty and the Beast: $17.4 million.
- Wicked- $16.9 million:
- The Little Mermaid: $16.6 million.
- Tarzan: $16 million.
- Dance of the Vampires: $15.2 million.
- The Phantom of the Opera: $14.2 million.
Can you wear jeans to Broadway?
Both formal and informal clothing is accepted. From casual t-shirts, jeans and flip-flops to a cocktail dress or tuxedo, the spectrum of style formality is so wide that there is no specific dress code.
What is the best Broadway show of all time?
Top Ten Best Broadway Shows Ever Made
- Hamilton. The story of the man on the ten dollar bill has been Broadway’s number one smash hit since its release.
- The Producers.
- The Phantom of the Opera.
- The Book of Mormon.
- Les Miserables.
- West Side Story.
- Kinky Boots.
What is the number one screen to stage?
1. West Side Story (1961)
Which Broadway play holds the highest grossing week?
“Hamilton” crossed the $4 million mark for the week, with an average ticket costing $375.39. The year ended with the best attended and highest grossing week on record. Grosses soared to $57.8 million for the week, attracting 378,910 patrons.
What is the typical cost to put on a Broadway musical?
A typical production budget for a Broadway musical will fall anywhere from $8-12 million, while a play might cost $3-6 million and a fairly lavish off-Broadway musical might capitalize at $2 million.
How much is a ticket for a Broadway show?
Average paid admission at Broadway shows in New York 2007-2019, by category. In the legendary Theater District in New York, prices paid for Broadway musical tickets averaged 122.73 U.S. dollars during the 2018/19 season, down from 125.70 U.S. dollars in the previous season.
What is the most expensive musical ticket?
10 Most Expensive Shows On Broadway Right Now
- 2 Hadestown – $63/Tickets.
- 3 Wicked – $149/Ticket.
- 4 Moulin Rouge!
- 5 Aladdin -$99.50/Ticket.
- 6 The Lion King – $199/Ticket.
- 7 Hamilton -$199/Ticket.
- 8 Frozen – $145/Ticket.
- 9 Harry Potter and The Cursed Child Parts 1 & 2 – $330/Ticket.