- 1 How many profile types are contained within opera?
- 2 How do you access Opera online help?
- 3 What opera functionality can be used to pass along internal information between shifts?
- 4 How would you check out multiple guests if some have a zero balance and some do not?
- 5 What does no post mean in opera?
- 6 What symbol indicates that there is a negotiated rate attached to that profile?
- 7 How do I make reservations in opera?
- 8 What is Opera system in front office?
- 9 How do I refund a guest on Opera PMS?
- 10 What is routing in Opera PMS?
- 11 Which of the following does the walk in function accomplish?
- 12 How do you check Folio?
- 13 How would you handle a guest who was not happy with the room they were checked in to?
- 14 Which housekeeping discrepancy applies when the housekeeping status is occupied but the front desk status is vacant?
How many profile types are contained within opera?
Opera uses six types of profiles. The screens for each profile type look similar but are different in the fields they contain. All Profiles store names, addresses, and demographic data: • Individual • Company • Source • Contact • Group • Travel Agent In this module we will focus on individual profiles.
How do you access Opera online help?
You can open the OPERA function keys lookup table by pressing the Ctrl+F1 keys. The template displays a complete list of additional functions and navigation keys available within OPERA.
What opera functionality can be used to pass along internal information between shifts?
The Log Book function is available when the GENERAL > LOG BOOK application function is set to Y. For example, the log book can be used to record “FYI” details and advisories for pass-along between shifts.
How would you check out multiple guests if some have a zero balance and some do not?
Open Folio allows you to check out a guest with a non-zero balance but does not allow additional posting to be made. When the guest status is Due Out, the Check Out button displays as Settlement.
What does no post mean in opera?
Some of these features may also be controlled from other points within OPERA. For example, the No Post check box may also appear on the Reservation screen More Fields tab. The following options may be set using this screen. No Post. Select this check box to prevent automatic interface posting to this folio.
What symbol indicates that there is a negotiated rate attached to that profile?
If the profile has negotiated rates, a dollar sign appears in the $ column on the Profile Search screen entry for that profile. Two dollar signs means that the profile has two or more negotiated rates.
How do I make reservations in opera?
Select Reservations > New Reservation from the main menu. The Property Calendar screen appears. From the Property Calendar select the start date for the stay, hold down the Alt key and select the departure date for the stay. Select OK.
What is Opera system in front office?
The Opera Hotel Program is a property management system (PMS) solution fit for all sizes and types of hotels. It automatizes basic front office services such as reservation, check-in and check-out therefore saving time, as well as reduces human error.
How do I refund a guest on Opera PMS?
- From the chosen reservation or PM account, select ‘Options’
- Select Deposit/CXL.
- You can also select the red deposit/cxl bar from the bottom left of the reservation screen.
- From the deposit/cxl screen, you will see all collected deposits and deposit rules.
- Enter the amount you wish to refund.
What is routing in Opera PMS?
The routing instructions feature lets you automatically forward charges for specific transaction codes (or defined groups of transaction codes) incurred by one or more guests to another guest’s bill at the time of posting. The end date for routing instructions for other dates will not move/change.
Which of the following does the walk in function accomplish?
Walk In. The Walk In feature allows you to check in guests without having previously made reservations.
How do you check Folio?
Check Out with Open Folio – If the Cashiering>Open Folio application parameter is set to Y (this parameter is only available if the Cashiering>Post Stay Charges application function is set to Y), it is possible for the guest to check out and still allow charges to be added to the guest’s folio.
How would you handle a guest who was not happy with the room they were checked in to?
How would you handle a guest who was not happy with the room they were checked in to? If a guest arrives early to check in and there are no rooms currenty available, select the option to let housekeeping know that there is a guest waiting for a clean room.
Which housekeeping discrepancy applies when the housekeeping status is occupied but the front desk status is vacant?
Possible room discrepancies. Sleep is displayed in the Discrepancy column if the Housekeeping status is occupied and the Front Office status indicates that the room should be vacant.