- 1 How many years did Phantom of the Opera run on Broadway?
- 2 Who is the longest-running phantom?
- 3 What is the longest-running musical of all time?
- 4 What is the number one screen to stage?
- 5 What is the most expensive Broadway musical ever made?
- 6 What is the longest running Broadway show opens in an old opera house and features a chandelier fall?
- 7 What vocal part is Christine daaé?
- 8 What is the longest running Off Broadway show?
- 9 What is the greatest Broadway musical of all time?
- 10 What is the best Sondheim musical?
- 11 What is the longest running jukebox musical?
- 12 Is Les Mis the longest running musical?
How many years did Phantom of the Opera run on Broadway?
Celebrating 31 Years on Broadway – The Phantom of the Opera – Broadway.
Who is the longest-running phantom?
Next up, Howard McGillin, who holds the record for the longest-running Broadway Phantom with a whopping 2,544 performances beginning in 1999, explains why the beloved Andrew Lloyd Webber musical is like riding a perfect California wave, and share a second tale of onstage nausea!
What is the longest-running musical of all time?
The Fantasticks, 1960, m Harvey Schmidt, l Tom Jones (17,162) Longest-running musical in history.
What is the number one screen to stage?
1. West Side Story (1961)
What is the most expensive Broadway musical ever made?
Most Expensive Broadway Musicals
- Shrek- The Musical- $27.6 million:
- Lion King: $27.5 million:
- Beauty and the Beast: $17.4 million.
- Wicked- $16.9 million:
- The Little Mermaid: $16.6 million.
- Tarzan: $16 million.
- Dance of the Vampires: $15.2 million.
- The Phantom of the Opera: $14.2 million.
What is the longest running Broadway show opens in an old opera house and features a chandelier fall?
The international musical hit “The Phantom of the Opera ” became the longest running show in Broadway history Monday, after its 7,486th performance.
What vocal part is Christine daaé?
Christine Daae Character Age: 20 Vocal Range: Soprano (Lyric ) Low G3 to High E6. Character: Christine is the young ingénue.
What is the longest running Off Broadway show?
The Fantasticks is a quintessential celebration of love in all its gorgeous simplicity and heartbreaking complexities. The Fantasticks originally opened at New York’s Sullivan Street Playhouse on May 3, 1960, and played 17,162 performances before closing January 13, 2002, making it the world’s longest-running musical.
What is the greatest Broadway musical of all time?
Top Ten Best Broadway Shows Ever Made
- Hamilton. The story of the man on the ten dollar bill has been Broadway’s number one smash hit since its release.
- The Producers.
- The Phantom of the Opera.
- The Book of Mormon.
- Les Miserables.
- West Side Story.
- Kinky Boots.
What is the best Sondheim musical?
A Definitive Ranking of Musicals by Stephen Sondheim, by Someone with a Degree in Theater and Too Much Time on His Hands
- Sunday in the Park with George.
- Sweeney Todd.
- Into the Woods.
- A Little Night Music.
- Pacific Overtures.
- Anyone Can Whistle.
What is the longest running jukebox musical?
As of 2020, the longest-running jukebox musical on Broadway to date is ‘ Mamma Mia! ‘, a production which features ABBA’s vast song catalog. Written by British playwright Catherine Johnson, the title of the musical was taken from the group’s 1975 chart-topping song with the same name.
Is Les Mis the longest running musical?
Les Misérables with over 14 thousand performances, and The Phantom of the Opera with nearly 13.9 thousand performances, are two of the longest running musicals in West End History since they began in the 1980s.